Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asarak
Starting Member

Greece
36 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  06:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys, i ve got a problem.
Suddenly while i was trying to get into the Enterprise Manager -- In the Current Activity, to see the locks i receive the following message:
Error 1222, Lock request time out period exceeded.

I am looking also to the log and saw the error:

I am trying from the server console itself but there is the same effect... Some times work but others (mostly) failed...

I also check the query timeout option in the server and i found that is about 600 ms (not 0 which is unlimited) but this was changed many months ago.

Thanks a lot

Any suggestions???

Regards
Asarak

SQLServerDBA_Dan
Aged Yak Warrior

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  08:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asarak

I am looking also to the log and saw the error:

This error appears when you open the server properties in Enterprise Manager. It's more informational than an actual error. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

quote:
Originally posted by asarak

Suddenly while i was trying to get into the Enterprise Manager -- In the Current Activity, to see the locks i receive the following message:
Error 1222, Lock request time out period exceeded.

I also check the query timeout option in the server and i found that is about 600 ms (not 0 which is unlimited) but this was changed many months ago.

Do you mean the "query timeout" option in Query Analyzer? Mine's set to "0" and "lock time-out" is set to "-1".

Do all queries time out? Are you the only one that is having time outs?

Daniel, MCP, A+
SQL Server DBA
www.dallasteam.com
Go to Top of Page

bakerjon
Posting Yak Master

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  08:58:18  Show Profile  Visit bakerjon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Short answer--don't use Current Activity monitor in SEM. It is known to cause these issues. Instead use the sp_who and sp_who2 system stored procs, or as I'm becoming more accustomed to, just select from master.dbo.sysprocesses directly.

Jon
-Like a kidney stone, this too shall pass.

http://www.sqljunkies.com/weblog/outerjoin
Go to Top of Page

asarak
Starting Member

Greece
36 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  01:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, i also use sp_who or sp_who2 and also make some select statements from sysprocesses and works fine...
This morning i make a restart to the main production server just in case....
Because we try the past days some defragmentation... I will check it also today and let you know...
Thanks a lot

Best Regards
ASARAK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000