Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1

Author  Topic 

asarak
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-07 : 06:52:38
Hi Guys, i ve got a problem.
Suddenly while i was trying to get into the Enterprise Manager -- In the Current Activity, to see the locks i receive the following message:
Error 1222, Lock request time out period exceeded.

I am looking also to the log and saw the error:

I am trying from the server console itself but there is the same effect... Some times work but others (mostly) failed...

I also check the query timeout option in the server and i found that is about 600 ms (not 0 which is unlimited) but this was changed many months ago.

Thanks a lot

Any suggestions???

Regards
Asarak

SQLServerDBA_Dan
Aged Yak Warrior

752 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-07 : 08:39:15
quote:
Originally posted by asarak

I am looking also to the log and saw the error:

This error appears when you open the server properties in Enterprise Manager. It's more informational than an actual error. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

quote:
Originally posted by asarak

Suddenly while i was trying to get into the Enterprise Manager -- In the Current Activity, to see the locks i receive the following message:
Error 1222, Lock request time out period exceeded.

I also check the query timeout option in the server and i found that is about 600 ms (not 0 which is unlimited) but this was changed many months ago.

Do you mean the "query timeout" option in Query Analyzer? Mine's set to "0" and "lock time-out" is set to "-1".

Do all queries time out? Are you the only one that is having time outs?

Daniel, MCP, A+
SQL Server DBA
www.dallasteam.com
Go to Top of Page

bakerjon
Posting Yak Master

145 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-07 : 08:58:18
Short answer--don't use Current Activity monitor in SEM. It is known to cause these issues. Instead use the sp_who and sp_who2 system stored procs, or as I'm becoming more accustomed to, just select from master.dbo.sysprocesses directly.

Jon
-Like a kidney stone, this too shall pass.

http://www.sqljunkies.com/weblog/outerjoin
Go to Top of Page

asarak
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-08 : 01:30:04
Thanks guys, i also use sp_who or sp_who2 and also make some select statements from sysprocesses and works fine...
This morning i make a restart to the main production server just in case....
Because we try the past days some defragmentation... I will check it also today and let you know...
Thanks a lot

Best Regards
ASARAK
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -