Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 cannot configure reporting services

Author  Topic 

rajani
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

367 Posts

Posted - 2005-12-14 : 19:24:31
Hi friends
am having problem configuring Reporting services (sql server 2005 standard edition) on Win2003 server. am getting error when setting web serivice identity in reporting configuration tool.
the error log says
" ReportservicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.WMIProviderException: An unknown error has occured in the WMI Provider .Error code 80070568
at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.setwebserviceIdentity(string Applicationpool) "

any ideas how to resolve this ??

berniemills
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2006-02-04 : 09:49:25
See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911846

This fixed the probelm for me.
Go to Top of Page

rajani
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

367 Posts

Posted - 2006-02-06 : 15:06:04
Thanks mate.will give it a try

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

rpallas
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2006-03-06 : 06:55:22
Hi, this problem is identical to a problem i am having. I have followed the link posted, and carried out the instructions - i.e. added IWAM_computername (but with the actual computer name) to the rsreportserver.config file but i am still getting the same error.

I have restarted the SQL Reporting Service and refreshed the details in the RS Configuration Manager. I have also restarted the server itself, but still no luck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you

-Rob-
Go to Top of Page

DexterLeBlancJr
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-06-21 : 11:23:48
I had the same problem. It seems that the Virtual directories are non existent. Even though the “Reporting Services Configuration” tool reports them as ok.

Solution:
Open the “Reporting Services Configuration” tool.
Click on the “Report Server Virtual Directory” button on the left.
Check the “Apply default settings” check box on the right.
Click the “New” button.
Click the “Apply“ button at the bottom of the page.

Click on the “Reports Manager Virtual Directory” button on the left.
Repeat the process as described above. And confirm by Clicking the “Apply“ button at the bottom of the page.

Restart the SQL Report Service.

This should fix your problem.

Dexter J Le Blanc Jr.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -