SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: OpenX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2001 :  12:18:20  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vladimir Aleynik submitted "OpenX serves as a platform for developing multitier enterprise applications that require access to SQL Servers locally, across Intranets, Extranets or the Internet. If you're building database driven desktop application or web site, you can use its power to programmatically access and manipulate data by writing only few strings of code.

OpenX is an application-level database-programming interface (API) that allows enterprise programmers to write applications from any language including C#, C/C++, JScript, Java, Visual Basic, VBScript. OpenX is fully compatible with MS Windows NT/2000 and its new development environment - .NET

No needs in ODBC, JDBC, OLE-DB, ADO nor any other database-programming and connectivity tools - just OpenX. OpenX makes direct calls to vendor's native database API, and shows a greater performance than ODBC, JDBC and others."

Article Link.

vart
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2001 :  00:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty good ADO replacement

I feel i have to thank its authors.

Easy to use, very fast -- much faster than common tools, nice XML and datatype conversion features, low memory usage.
We use it with two servers - SQL Server for easy operations, and Oracle 8i for heavy queries. One component, same code.
They say they're going to release EJB and CORBA versions soon. So we'll be able to use it on unix platforms too.
Very recommended.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000