SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: SQLMail in Depth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2000 :  05:22:49  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Earlier this week, I http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=632>published a link to several Microsoft documents that walk you through the installation of SQLMail. I promised a followup to that article, so here ya go.

Steve writes: "How is it possible to have someone send either an email or an attachment(in a specified format)from a standard email program so that the information is entered into a database?

Yep, this is possible, and wow is it cool. Read on for the answer to this question as well as detailed information on SQLMail.

Article Link.

Anonymous
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2000 :  15:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Realy Nice

Thanks very much for your in-depth explaination of SQLMail!

Go to Top of Page

slash
Starting Member

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2001 :  09:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

How can you speed up the process of sending mails with SQL-mail combined with a MAPI profile?

I've got a stored proecdure which sends about 400 emails to different people. I use SQL-mail and a MAPI profile, and my problem is that it takes about 20 minutes before all off the 400 emails are sent (gone from the Outbox of the Outlook client installed on the sql-server). The email are genereted and placed in the outbox in about 4 minutes when the sp is run...

What is the problem? Is it the MAPI profile? If yes - can you use other programs in combination with SQL-mail??

Got any relevant links???

Go to Top of Page

jasper_smith
SQL Server MVP & SQLTeam MVY

United Kingdom
846 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  11:16:24  Show Profile  Visit jasper_smith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a quick note to say there is a slight problem with the loop in the article not returning. The default behaviour of xp_findnextmsg is to find all mail whether its been marked read or not thus you will just get an infinite loop as @hMessage will never be NULL.Fixed here
http://www.sqlteam.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17093

Great article though

Cheers
Jasper Smith

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000