Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - SQL Server 2005/Yukon
 Error when trying to import registered servers.

Author  Topic 

stephe40
Posting Yak Master

218 Posts

Posted - 2006-01-26 : 17:18:00
Has anyone got this error when trying to import their registerd servers from the EM to the SQL Server Management Studio?

I am right clicking on the "Database Engine" node and selecting "Previsouly Registered Servers".

===================================

Failed to import servers registered by SQL Server 2000.

===================================

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. (ConnectionDlg)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.ShilohRegisteredServers.GetShilohRegisteredServers(Char[] buffer, UInt64& cchSize)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.ShilohRegisteredServers.Init(IWin32Window owner, ParentRegistrationInfo parentRegInfo)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.RegisteredServersContextMenuManager.InitializeShilohRegisteredServers()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.RegisteredServersContextMenuManager.ContextShilohRegisteredServers(Object sender, EventArgs e)

- Eric

stephe40
Posting Yak Master

218 Posts

Posted - 2006-01-26 : 17:19:08
Some more info, I installed the management studio on its own. I did not install the MSDE server, which I think might have something to do with it.

- Eric
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -