SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Massive Vote Fraud at SQLTeam.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2000 :  11:52:42  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With all the "goings on" in Florida and the recent allegations of vote selling here on SQLTeam.com I thought a little research was in order. Imagine my shock at discovering massive voter fraud here at the bastion of data integrity: SQLTeam.com. Read on gentle reader for all the horrors of SQLTeam voting "irregularities" revealed.

Article Link.

Anonymous
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2000 :  12:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IP obscured by chad

I don't believe my IP address was properly recorded.

There may have been some chad that made my IP of 192.168.0.3  appear misreported as 192.168.0.1.  This would be a clear violation of IP intent! I'm not sure, so I think a re-vote is in order!

Go to Top of Page

Anonymous
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2000 :  04:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So graz....

Are you going to setup your poll system so that it checks IP in the table and DOESN'T allow folks the opportunity to revote? (One IP, One Vote.)

Go to Top of Page

Anonymous
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2000 :  16:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps a hand count is in order

I mean since graz won so heavily in other counties, theres too much irregualrity here.

Go to Top of Page

Anonymous
Starting Member

0 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2000 :  12:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Motor-Voter.....

I voted for President, and I'm not even registered on this site!

Go to Top of Page

Avach
Starting Member

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2001 :  09:31:42  Show Profile  Send Avach an ICQ Message  Send Avach a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It got me to regiser.

Read this article by chance meeting while searching for a solution to a syntax problem, ODBC related via an SQL query to an Access db . . . whatever.

Reading this and seeing that gratz is not all serious and has some fun, got me to regiser, just to post . . . this article makes me think this site is worth more than just a few glances for solutions.

For all the help that I get here, thanx.
For the humor that I have seen, thanx.

One question: When cross-referencing these IP addresses, say in a larger sense of voting on massive sites, or whatever, would it be possible to have the db log a secondary, different addressing function for anonymous polls. This so that say, several users from the same area and dial-up provider may have the same IP address at one point or another (not very feasable). Session log to IP address + username / login??? General question, get the jist?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000