Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 SQL DB changes

Author  Topic 

cwallace
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-02-17 : 09:27:00
Very off the wall situation here, but I have a calendar that I use on my website that is very much outdated. Well a new version is available, but there is a new structure to the DB that it requires.

I am trying to find someone that might have enough knowledge to move the old DB into the new DB so I don't loose any currently posted data. There might even be someone out there that has knowledge of the calendar software that we are using. It is ExtCalendar. It would just be easier to do that than to try to have everyone repost shows and event information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

JoeNak
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

292 Posts

Posted - 2006-02-17 : 09:46:50
Does the vendor offer a conversion utility/script(s)? If not you'll have to be familiar with both the old and new DB.
Go to Top of Page

cwallace
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-02-17 : 11:02:23
They don't offer much in the way of support at all anymore. There is no quick script that we have found to do it either.

I have both calendars installed in different subfolders on my server. I was just trying to move the data from the old to the new and anything after this will have full structure to it...the new DB just has a few new fields and such added to it. They just expanded on the old DB structure. If I could at least move the old data into the new DB fields I am sure it would be fine.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

JoeNak
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

292 Posts

Posted - 2006-02-17 : 12:11:21
You can do a number of things to move the data...SQL script...bcp...DTS. It just depends on what you're most comfortable with.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -