SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: SQL Administrative Scripting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2001 :  23:48:43  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eddie submitted "New Site dedicated to MSSQL administrative scripting."

Article Link.

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  00:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oooooh that truly is a tragic web site.

The HTML is shocking.
The design is horrible. If I see another purple marquee tag I think I will puke.
I can't seem to find a point to any of it except as a beginners first attempt at experimenting with ASP.
Some of the examples throw ado errors by themselves, the rest you can get to throw an error by putting an "a" where a number is expected.
The author of the site does not know the difference between Java and Javascript.

Is there any criteria or quality standard for links here ?

Sorry I wouldn't havce said anything except that there was a forum topic to comment. I think I need some headache tables after that site, the animated gifs anre burnt into my brain.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

United Kingdom
12543 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  06:20:19  Show Profile  Visit nr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much content either.
Not going to comment on the graphics (stones and glass houses)

Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

USA
4138 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  07:51:31  Show Profile  Visit graz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Merkin,

Did you really mean to say "headache tables"? I have some of those in my database. Is this one I should take down?

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

penumatsa
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  09:02:38  Show Profile  Visit penumatsa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can any one of you provide me with a link to that site?. I am really curious at how that site looks.

suresh penumatsa
Go to Top of Page

penumatsa
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  09:03:53  Show Profile  Visit penumatsa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can any one of you provide me with a link to that site?. I am really curious at how that site looks.

suresh penumatsa

I got it guys.

suresh penumatsa
Go to Top of Page

JustinBigelow
SQL Gigolo

USA
1157 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  09:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

suresh penumatsa

Click on the word link in the first post of the thread and then the link to the outside website to see the site.

Justin

Go to Top of Page

JustinBigelow
SQL Gigolo

USA
1157 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  09:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oooooh that truly is a tragic web site.

The HTML is shocking.
The design is horrible. If I see another purple marquee tag I think I will puke.

Come now, why must we bash the lowly purple marquee tag? It has brought a new level of annoyance that is unavailable in traditional print media; and let us not forget it's importance in the RDMS world. Many a time seasoned SQL pros would have not truncated tables if only there had been a purple scrolling marquee tag there to alert them to the error of their ways.

Justin

Go to Top of Page

Merkin

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  18:30:19  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you really mean to say "headache tables"? I have some of those in my database. Is this one I should take down?

I actually meant tablets, but I have had headache tables too

Damian
Go to Top of Page

izaltsman
A custom title

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  20:30:11  Show Profile  Send izaltsman an AOL message  Send izaltsman an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Click on the word link in the first post of the thread and then the link to the outside website to see the site.

Justin

They must have taken the site down -- I keep getting a page-not-found. And I was so looking forward to seeing that marquee!!!

Go to Top of Page

JustinBigelow
SQL Gigolo

USA
1157 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  22:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

They must have taken the site down -- I keep getting a page-not-found. And I was so looking forward to seeing that marquee!!!

Oh the power we yield!

Justin

Go to Top of Page

Merkin

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2001 :  22:28:22  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The SQLTeam equivilant of the Slashdot effect 10 concurrent users and it is all over for him....

Damian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000