Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Trigger that queries database and saves to xml ON SERVER

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-01 : 12:39:28
Jeff writes "I am using SQL Server 2000. I would like a trigger to be fired whenever there is an Update,Insert,Delete on the database. I want this trigger to run a procedure that would query the database for these changes, save the changes to XML, then save that XML file to the server, and then trigger a web client, using xp_commandShell I suppose, this web client then would have access to this xml file. And if for some reason the web client failed, that xml file will still be on the server for the next time that web client succesfuly runs. Is this even possible? Thanks,

Jeff"

jen
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4110 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-02 : 02:16:37
anything is possible, but it is an awfully lot of resources just to create the xml on real time mode, not to mention for every changes made, the file gets generated

why not do batch processing for n-period?

the trigger writes on an audit table, the audit table gets queried by an apps that will save the data into xml file, or a job that will bcp out the data into xml file

--------------------
keeping it simple...
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -