Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Express Edition and Compact Edition (2005)
 Where to put msvcp80.dll?

Author  Topic 

Aetos
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-05-31 : 19:21:54
Hi,

I am new to .Net and have just downloaded Web Developer Express from the Microsoft site.

I get this error when I use Norton System Doctor: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\ARPWrapper.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcp80.dll."

I have downloaded the msvcp80.dll and copy/pasted it "everywhere,” but the error persists. Does anyone know how to eliminate the problem?

ThanX,
Howie

Aetos
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-06-02 : 15:11:32
Here is the fix ... this eliminates the unhappy Norton WinDoctor!

Copy/paste each of these three files -- msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll -- located in to the folder c:\windows\WinnSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT -- into c:\windows\system.

Hope this helps anyone else running Norton!
Aetos

"Remembering Gary Owen 1969"
Go to Top of Page

Bon
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-02-18 : 23:29:35
This may be the wrong site to ask but it is a related msvcp80.dll error item so I'll give it a shot. It is a simple install for Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions ver. 6.0 When program begins to install I get the following error:

Executable 'E:\setup.exe' had the following unrecoverable error:
Couldn't find library MSVCP80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Quickbooks\stlport_r50.dll)
Please ensure that it is installed

The file is in the locations of c:\windows\WinnSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT
Just cause I don't know any better I did copy it to the system folder but no effect.

So my question is where is the library to be found and or what do I need to do in order to proceed with the installation?
Go to Top of Page

david@exhibitize.com
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-02-21 : 16:55:27
quote:
Originally posted by Aetos

Here is the fix ... this eliminates the unhappy Norton WinDoctor!

Copy/paste each of these three files -- msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll -- located in to the folder c:\windows\WinnSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT -- into c:\windows\system.

Hope this helps anyone else running Norton!
Aetos

"Remembering Gary Owen 1969"

You Wizard you!!!

I've been struggling with this nagging Quickbooks problem for weeks. Finally, I ran windoctor and discovered the missing reference to msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll.

I've been trying to get Quickbooks to run on my new Apple intel Powerbook using Boot camp, but Quickbooks wouldn't start up and you know intuit isn't going to help us get Quickbooks running in Boot Camp.

Thanks a ton!

Exhibitize!

Exhibitize !
Go to Top of Page

Bart Wolfs
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-22 : 17:13:17
Hi people..

Im with the same problem. Every time I start up my notebook windows tells me it is unable to locate the msvcr80.dll. This is very uncomfortable because it disables me of running adobe programs like adobe reader. Can someone tell me how to copy the file and install it the right way because I don't seem to solve the problem whenever I try this. Im running windows xp service pack 2 professional version 2002. Im not gifted with a computer knowledge so explain it the easiest way possible please!! Thanks
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-22 : 23:13:54
The file is in many folders on my notebook, ensure your machine has proper path parameter set.
Go to Top of Page

Bart Wolfs
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-23 : 08:48:33
Thanks for the reaction.What is and where can I find this parameter set ? I can see the file as well but copying it in various folders is not solving the problem? Hope anyone can help me further ?

Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-23 : 17:26:30
Right click on my computer on desktop and open properties -> advanced -> environment variables, check system variable PATH.
Go to Top of Page

Wag
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-11-18 : 10:23:35
Thank you Aetos! Norton is a happy camper now and so am I.javascript:insertsmilie('')
Big Smile
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -