Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Site Related Discussions
 stats
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tim
Starting Member

Australia
392 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2001 :  20:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey graz could it be easy to post a stat on the number of questions that don't receive any reply and the avg number of replies a post can expect?

just wondering...

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

USA
4149 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2001 :  00:47:29  Show Profile  Visit graz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow. Interesting question. At first I ignored it but then I got curious. So here you go.

There were 508 topics in the General SQL Server, Developer and Administrator forums in May 2001. 304 of those were Ask SQLTeam questions. 39 of those didn't receive an answer. That means that 87% of the Ask SQLTeam questions recieved at least some kind of response. Pretty impressive I'd say. From January 2001 through May 2001 there is an 82% response rate.

There were 697 non-Ask SQLTeam questions posted in those same forum from January through May of this year. Only 98 were unanswered which give us an 86% response rate. It appears that only about 15% of questions don't get some type of response.

As far as the number of responses, that broke down like this for January through May:

Num_Replies Count       
----------- -----------
0 398
1 1077
2 451
3 195
4 111
5 50
6 34
7 31
8 19
9 14
10 6
11 4
12 3
13 1
14 5
15 1
16 1
17 2
18 2
19 2
20 1
21 1

As you can see the, the bulk of the questions just recieved a few responses. The average topic posted recieved 1.8 responses.

I assumed that most of the high post counts must involve beer or Australian beaches. Actually the two most replied topics were all business. The third however started out strong but quickly went downhill (http://www.sqlteam.com/Forums/link.asp?Topic_ID=3581).

So there you go. I'd say if we make an attemp at answering 85% of the questions that people asked we're doing pretty damn good. And of course a quick thanks to the people replying the most: robvolk, nr, Merkin, SQLServerDBA_Dan, penumatsa, nizmaylo, shsmonteiro, KnooKie, Garth and btrimpop. You folks are what makes those forums a great place to ask questions.

Thanks all.

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000