Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 602

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-11 : 08:38:58
hymavathi gunta writes "hi all
i am working on sql server 2005
When i am trying to attach sample database called advanture dw in my server i am getting following error. Plz help me to fix this error.
the error as as follows :

Attach database failed for Server 'myserver'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 10, object ID 1, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.
Could not open new database 'ReportServer'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 602)"

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-16 : 14:26:23
The database you're trying to attach is corrupt. Where did you get it from? You should be able to run the SQL Server install wizard and then install the AdventureWorksDW database from there.

Paul Randal
Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Core Storage Engine (Legalese: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
Go to Top of Page

Archurch
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-12-26 : 13:20:27
Hi Paul,

Our company recently experienced the same type of issue.
It appears that a db from SQL 2000 cannot access a database created from SQL 2005, even though we have the exact same settings and cloned the database from the server running SQL 2000.

Each week our company creates a subset of data for our customers.
Since the transition, the installation of MSDE and the copy of the four databases appear to work, but once we attempt to connect and begin the finalization process, the install shows a problem running scripts on the database and the SQL Errorlog shows the message noted in the first note. Error 602, Severity 21, State 50.

Since we now believe the problem is because we are cutting the databases with SQL 2005 to be used with MSDE, we are attempting to revert to SQL 2000 since we do not know how to create the db to be compatible with MSDE.

I would love to hear more from you regarding this subject and will be glad to try any suggestions that you have for us.
Go to Top of Page

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2006-12-26 : 18:37:16
I think what you're describing is taking databases created on SQL 2005 and trying to use them on SQL 2000 (MSDE) - this isn't possible. SQL Server has never been up-level compatible. If you want to take a databases that was created on SQL 2005 and use it on SQL 2000, you'll need to script out the objects (assuming you're not using any SQL 2005 features) and recreate them in SQL 2000 and then bcp over the data - again assuming you're not using any SQL 2005 features.

Thanks

Paul Randal
Principal Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Core Storage Engine (Legalese: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/default.aspx
Go to Top of Page

mckeownp
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 04:39:41
Hi, I'm also having the same problem (Error 602) as described above when trying to restore a SQL 2005 database (created in SQL 2005 Express edition) to my server, also running SQL 2005 (but SQL 2005 Workgroup edition). What are Microsoft saying here, that the same versions aren't even compatible?

Paul

Paul McK
Go to Top of Page

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 14:53:12
No - my post above was for someone trying to attach a 2005 database to a 2000 server - this is not supported (SQL Server has never been up-level compatible).

Is the Workgroup server a pre-RTM (i.e. beta) version of SQL Server? Is the database clean on the Express instance (i.e. a DBCC CHECKDB returns no errors)?

Paul Randal
Principal Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Core Storage Engine
(Legalese: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
Go to Top of Page

nilserik@online.no
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-23 : 15:35:57
Hi
I have an application i have worked with in MS SQL 2005 and Visual studio for some time. I have just installed Pinnacle Studio 10 that uses MS SQL 2005. It seems like Pinnacle has changed the way my sql 2005 works. all my old databases are unavailable and are not in the list anymore. When I try to attach my old databases, I get the same error as listed in this topic.
Could pinnacle have installed some older version of any files? Or changed the registry in some dirty way? Or done something else I would not like?
Go to Top of Page

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-23 : 15:43:30
No idea - I would call the product's tech support and ask them.

Paul Randal
(Legalese: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
Go to Top of Page

nilserik@online.no
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-24 : 08:13:07
Pinnacle has installed Microsft Sql Server Desktop Engine. This has become the default instance of SQL Server. I can see that the original SQL Server 2005 is still installed and operating. SQL Server can have several instances on the same machine. Do you know how to set the original SQL Server 2005 as default instance? So this is being used whenever I start SQL server.
Go to Top of Page

paulrandal
Yak with Vast SQL Skills

899 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-24 : 11:26:01
You can't ever change whether an instance is the default or not - only during installation. You can start specific instances with
net start mssql$instancename.

Is that what you're asking?

Paul Randal
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -