Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Database indipendent queries

Author  Topic 

sunsanvin
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1274 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-28 : 05:01:25
Dear friends,
ours is a product company,we are delivering our product presently in sql server.in future we r planning to deliver the product in all the big databases.

now the problem is conversion of the module to other back end.there are so many functions and procedures as well.some will execute only at runtime.through some where string.

is there any tools those can automatically convert queries, functions and procedures to the other back ends?

or is there any open source code to convert automatically?

or suggest me the other possible probabilities.

thank you very much

ijprasad
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-28 : 06:32:21
You can use Oracle Workbench tool to convert ms sql server to oracle database. It converts all database script to oracle comptible script but you need to business logic validity after conversion to oracle database.

In the same you can find many tools to convert one database to another. Just cache google

Inderjeet
Go to Top of Page

sunsanvin

1274 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-28 : 06:50:26
yes ofcource swiss sql is also there, but return type is not working with those.in some functions, if there is return type for a function, it is not excellently converting.

but i've to think about oracle work bench.is it a free download from net?

i'l check

thank you verymuch
Go to Top of Page

ijprasad
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-28 : 06:59:40
Yes, It is free downloadable form oracle site.
all tools will have some limitation. May be this tool too just check it out

Inderjeet
Go to Top of Page

sunsanvin

1274 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-28 : 08:30:24
thank you for the oracle work bench sir, but i didnt find the exe file for installation
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -