Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Full Text Search

Author  Topic 

jhnegrao
Yak Posting Veteran

81 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-31 : 14:14:59
Hello, All!

I need to start Full-Text Search in my SQL SErver INstance, but when a try to start it from Enterprise manager I get the following message on the screen:

Service Control Failure
An error 1722 - (The RPC server is unavailable) ocurred while performing this service operation on the MSSearch service.

RPC Service and MSSearch service are started and MSSQL SErver and MSSearch service are configured with the same account. (domain\SQLServiceAccount).

It's marked with a red flag on, so I think that is not running properly, and I would like to troubleshoot it.
Anybody know what I need to do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Juliano Horta

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-31 : 14:40:25
Check the Application Log in Event Viewer to see if there is a better error.

Tara Kizer
Go to Top of Page

jhnegrao
Yak Posting Veteran

81 Posts

Posted - 2006-08-31 : 16:05:49
Hi, Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I got this error on Application Log
-----------------------------------------

Source: Microsoft Search
EventID: 3035

One or more warnings or errors for Gatherer project <SQLServer$INTRA SQL0018900005> were logged to file <e:\intra_dados\system\MSSQL$INTRA\FTData\SQLServer$INTRA\GatherLogs\SQL0018900005.14.gthr>. If you are interested in these messages, please, look at the file using the gatherer log query object (gthrlog.vbs, log viewer web page).

-------------------

SOurce: Microsoft Search
EventID: 3024

The crawl for project <SQLServer$INTRA SQL0018900005> could not be started, because no crawl seeds could be accessed. Fix the errors and try the crawl again.
-------------------------

SOurce: Microsoft Search
EventID: 3036

The crawl seed <MSSQL75://SQLServer/1920bf5c> in project <SQLServer$INTRA SQL0018900005> cannot be accessed. Error: 80040e09 - Permission denied. .
Go to Top of Page

newAdmin
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-04 : 04:25:21
I read it in msdn for MSSQL server 2005 --
This is due to "CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG" permission not been granted to the user's a/c. Even i'm facing the same problem but can not figure out how to grant the permissions in MSSQL server 2000.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -