Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 SQL Service Account

Author  Topic 

jhnegrao
Yak Posting Veteran

81 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-01 : 10:46:20
Hello, All!

I had a problem with Full Text Search which wasn't starting properly and I didn't know why!

Now, I know how to solve it, but I cannot execute the procedure because I cannot change the service account using Enterprise Manager.

I gonna explain a little more what's happening.

I've changed the service account to a specific domain account using control panel without Enterprise manager, So it's caused that Full Text problem.
After that, The option on Enterprise manager to change the Service Account for SQL SErver is not allowed to change. It seems to be disabled.

Anybody knows how to solve it?

Thanks

Juliano Horta

Marin
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2006-09-03 : 00:48:01
You can change the account for the SQL Server service in the control panel. Be aware that you should stop and re-start SQL Server service to have this change effective.

Cheers, Marin

Check Website Hosting and Development (website-hosting-development.com) site by DIMM Info Systems Inc. (dimm-is.com) for articles about website hosting, development, design and database tutorials and guidelines.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -