Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 SSIS FTP Task - Unable to connect to server - HELP

Author  Topic 

franklij
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-11 : 00:45:42
I hope this is the right forum for this question

I am having some trouble with a SSIS Package that has an FTP Task in it. When i run the package manually from Business Intelligence Studio it works fine, but when i deploy it on the server and try to run it from there i get the follwing error: Unable to connect to FTP Server using {FTP Task Name}.

Iv been reading up on Package Protection Levels and Proxy acocunts but im new to 2K5 SSIS packages and i cant seem to get this to run on the server. Can anyone please tell me where im going wrong.

JoeNak
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

292 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-11 : 09:16:05
I'd check the obvious first. Checked your FTP task info (server, port, user, password) and your FTP connection info. And verify that you can connect to the FTP server with the info you're using.
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-11 : 10:14:10
Suspect you aren't saving the password info. Try putting it in a configuration file.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

franklij
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-11 : 22:11:59
quote:
Originally posted by nr

Suspect you aren't saving the password info. Try putting it in a configuration file.

yeah, the server, port, username and password are correct, iv have tested them in bus studio by running it from there.

NR thankyou!!! I think that is the problem but i have no idea how to save the password in a config file (im new to SSIS packages). whats the easiest type of config i can do to achieve this. Environment Variable, Parent Package Variable or SQL Server?

I would really appriciate any help on this.
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-12 : 04:22:21
http://www.nigelrivett.net/DTS/SSISConfigurationFile.html

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

franklij
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-12 : 22:34:04
NR, i cant tell you how happy i am man, that article is good. cheers!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -