Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 Print Button not working

Author  Topic 

cggreeng
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-12 : 11:00:14
I have a problem with several of our users that when they click the print button, they receives the following error.

Error loading library. Error 0x8007007e

Any ideas on how to fix. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling .net 2.0, resetting security for browser, taking off all popup blockers.

cggreeng
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-12 : 16:11:40
Issue resolved with a call to MS. When you first print something you are asked to download and install RSClientPrint.dll. This library resides in c:\windows\Downloaded Program Files. For some unknown reason this file got corrupted. To fix the issue simply use the command regsvr32 "c:\windows\downlo~1\rsclientprint.dll" /u to unregister the file. The try printing the document again and reinstall the download when the pop-up appears.
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-12 : 16:26:13
Thanks for the update! Well done.

Peter Larsson
Helsingborg, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

Your daddy was a milk man
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2007-06-19 : 14:25:35
I tried this solution but it still gives

the error loading library resource.(0x8007007e)

Any other information 0ut there on this? I am running XP sp2 IE6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2. Also I have a sql client running that is SQL Service manager v 7.00.839.
Go to Top of Page

xkubas
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2008-09-22 : 06:22:22
Try this:
* Close MS Internet Explorer
* Erase all content of C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ directory
* Open MSIE and navigate to report you want to print
* Click the Print button - you'll be asked to install ActiveX printing component.
* Confirm the installation
* Confirm the error message
* Copy all RSClientPrint*.rll files from C:\Windows\ to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files* Try to print the report again - Voila, it works now :-)
Go to Top of Page

markymarq
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-06-14 : 10:00:14
THIS WORKED!!!! Finally I have been dealing with this a year!

THANK YOU!!!

Try this:
* Close MS Internet Explorer
* Erase all content of C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ directory
* Open MSIE and navigate to report you want to print
* Click the Print button - you'll be asked to install ActiveX printing component.
* Confirm the installation
* Confirm the error message
* Copy all RSClientPrint*.rll files from C:\Windows\ to C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files* Try to print the report again - Voila, it works now :-)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -