Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Problem with Creating report using Crystal Report

Author  Topic 

Dewan Shahriar Hossain
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-15 : 23:51:32
Hi All,
I am using Crystal Report XI Developer Edition. I am trying to create a report for a web application. The web application based on IIS server and the MS SQL server 2000 reside in the same machine but I have installed crystal report on a different machine. For the database connection I am using ODBC and I have configured that from the Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) in Crystal Report Machine. Using a blank report template I have prepared a report in crystal repot and everything has been fine. I can see the preview of the report in crystal report and after that I have saved that under the specified directory for the web application which is different machine from the crystal report machine. But whenever I try to run the report from the web application I found the error message:
Error in File C:\inetpub\wwwroot\.....\.....\*.rpt: Invalid table number. (ErrorID: InvalidArgument)

Moreover I cannot establish connection from the crystal report with the database using OLE DB (ADO). Whenever I try to do that I get the following error message:
Logon failed.
Details: ADO Error Code: 0x80040e4d
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Description: Login failed for user "xxxxx"
SQL State: 42000
Native Error: 18456 [Database Vendor Code: 18456]

Please Help me out.

Kind Regards,
Dewan Shahriar Hossain

harsh_athalye
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5581 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-15 : 23:59:21
Have you configured ODBC data sources on the machine where you saved the report, the same way you done it on crystal machine ?

Harsh Athalye
India.
"Nothing is Impossible"
Go to Top of Page

Dewan Shahriar Hossain
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-16 : 00:11:05
I tried that too. but i got the same result.
Go to Top of Page

harsh_athalye
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5581 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-16 : 00:37:20
Make sure you are using correct database, user name and password...Are you able to log on to SQL Server from Query Analyzer using same username/password?

Harsh Athalye
India.
"Nothing is Impossible"
Go to Top of Page

Dewan Shahriar Hossain
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2006-10-16 : 04:40:26
Yeah, itz working fine now. the problem was about authorization/authentication. I have given appropiate permission to the user and now it is working nice. Thank you for your very kind cooperation.

Kind Regards,
Dewan Shahriar Hossain
Go to Top of Page

shanmukha
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2014-02-12 : 02:13:48
Hi Dewan,

I am facing same problem can you please let me know wnat appropiate permission to the user to work it fine.
Tahnks in advance
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -