Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Linked Server Connection Error

Author  Topic 

cmdedhia
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2006-10-30 : 02:19:00
Hi all,

I am facing this problem from quite sometime & would really appreciate any solution in this regards. Thanks in advance.

Let me create the scenario first. I have a SQL Server 2000 called ReportServer, let us name it RS. I have created a linked server to another SQL Server, AccountServer, let us call it AS.
AS is connected using "Be made using the login's current security context". Both the servers use Windows authentication mode.
I am able to connect to AS from RS.

Now i have a client machine, when i try to connect AS through the client machine, it gives me following error "Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON". I have all the administrator rights & also user created with my login in SQL Server with administrator rights. I have tried all the options of linked server under security tab, but each time the error message changes & iam not able to connect.

Looking forward for some solution from the experts panel.

Thanks & Regards

Chirag Dedhia

- Advertisement -