SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Profiler trace--> table, problem w/ binary data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eyechart
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

USA
3575 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  17:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some profiler traces that I run which collect the usual stuff as well as the Show Plan All event class.

When run from the profiler GUI, I can see the StmtText in the bottom portion of the screen. However, when I load this trace into a SQL table to do some more in-depth analysis I can no longer see the StmtText.

What is the trick in converting the binarydata to something that can be read by a human? Anyone have any scripts, or links that shed some light on this? I googled around and found these KB articles that are on the right track, but are not specific to my question of how to display the show plan data.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283784
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283725

btw, if I just collect the execution plan I have no problem viewing the text. This issue is only with the "Show Plan All" information. Thanks.

-ec

Edited by - eyechart on 11/02/2006 17:38:40

osolage
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  14:51:56  Show Profile  Visit osolage's Homepage  Send osolage an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I just started working on this myself today. I was able to see the information from the "Show Plan All" event in Profiler. I then saved that trace to a table. Then I loaded the table in Profiler. I was able to see the information in Profiler after loading from the table. I guess my question to you is what good is that data outside of Profiler? Are you trying to process that information in some way?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000