Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 SQL and .Net Timeout error

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2007-02-15 : 09:24:48
Rick writes "Here is the Scenario.

We run a .Net application that was built for us by a third party. The application runs on a web server and connects to a separate SQL server. I have set up Delegation on the IIS server to allow Double Hop Authentication. The connection string we are using is:

<add key="connection" value="workstation id=workstation1;packet size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data source=SQLSERVER;persist security info=False;initial catalog=scheduler;Trusted_Connection=Yes"/>

Everything works fine except for the fact that every once in a while users will get the SQL error:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Then a few refreshes of the web page and we can get back in. This seems to happen on no certain schedule or time, it is very random. I can leave the webpage up for an hour and it would be fine, or 10 min and it would error out. I have checked all the necessary places that I could think of. The web.config looks fine, I know you can control the timeout when using forms authentication, but I have not found a time out vaule for Windows Authentication. I have also been up and down IIS and changed different time setting there with no effect. Please any suggestions would be great I have not been able to figure this out for over a year, and the application developers say they have no idea. Thanks"

- Advertisement -