Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 SQL Server 6.5 \ SQL Server 7.0
 SQLServeragent Fails to Automatically start

Author  Topic 

Cryptotech2000
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-03-06 : 12:09:35
For the past couple of months we have been having a problem with sqlserveragent service starting automatically upon system restart.. Here is a little bit of info hopefully this is enough if not please let me know and i will get what is needed to fix this problem..

When the system is restarted the service fails to load however it can be loaded manually afterwords with no problems once so ever most all of the threads i have found have a problem with manual loading also if they have the automatic start problem so i have a feeling mine is a different ballgame..

Server version 7
Latest SP has been installed
BUILTIN\Administrators account does exist and is granted
Role System administrators
Permitted in DB Role public and db_owner

I believe that this may have all started with an upgrade of nt4 to sp6 from sp4 but i am not positive on this as the server had never really been restarted prior to that so it may be something completley different

Once again if more information is needed please ask i am really hoping to fix this problem asap as it is delaying bills from being sent out when the system happens to restart and we do not catch it..

thank you

Cryptotech2000
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-03-06 : 12:15:03
Forgot to add the EventViewer logs

1:20:49 AM SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server; SQLServerAgent cannot start)

1:20:49 AM SQLServerAgent service successfully stopped.
Go to Top of Page

elwoos
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2052 Posts

Posted - 2007-03-07 : 03:32:42
This isn't to do with permissions is it? What account is used to start the service when it's done automatically? Does that have the permissions it needs?

steve

-----------

Don't worry head. The computer will do all the thinking from now on.
Go to Top of Page

Cryptotech2000
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-03-07 : 10:32:12
Ya know im going to laugh at myself if thats it ill check on it and get back to ya
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -