Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Unspecified Error.

Author  Topic 

shan
Yak Posting Veteran

84 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 13:59:16
I am trying to save a existing DTS with just a parameter change to one of the Stored Procedure and when i tried to save it, its giving "Unspecified error". It does not give me any error number.

Pls help me fixing this.

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 14:53:00
What do you want us to do, without knowing your environment?
We don't know your server names, your permissions, your overall knowledge of DTS.
We also don't know the package, what it's purpose is, how it's being called and which SP it calls.

Your question is like me asking you "my head hurts. what is wrong?".

Peter Larsson
Helsingborg, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 15:11:32
The obvious suggestion would be
"Are you sure the new datatype of the parameter shift matches the one that the SP wants?".

But surely you must have checked this, right?

Peter Larsson
Helsingborg, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

shan
Yak Posting Veteran

84 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-03 : 20:49:03
Sorry for not providing you enough info and delay in responding you.

Environment: SQL 2000
Permission: SA
About Package: It gets Raw data files and loads in to the tables and couple of other SP's executed after the data load (i really don’t know the business logic behind it), the only change which im doing is changing its parameter from 2006 to 2007.

When i try to save the package or reopen the packing it gives "Error Unspecified".

Will the package get corrupted? Package is stored in MSDB

Pls advise me...

I checked the SQL error log and nothing specific shows up....

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

shan
Yak Posting Veteran

84 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-04 : 15:33:49
I just found out that if the DTS job contains FTP item and if any one else other than the owner of the job tries to access the DTS Package, it gets corruped and give "Unspecified error", If i remove off the FTP item then the package is just fine...

I searched a lot in the Microsoft site if there is a fix for this but could not find any..

Pls post if you have any solution for this...

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -