Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 SQL Job doesn't appear to run

Author  Topic 

propanecan
Yak Posting Veteran

60 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-05 : 11:20:45
I created a new SQL job that runs a command to execute a stored procedure. The stored procedure runs successfully when executed within Query Analyzer. However, when I start the job it goes into 'executing' status and then stops a few seconds later. When I attempt to view the job history I get the message 'There is no History for this job.'

Any ideas on how to determine if the job is actually being executed?

SQLServerDBA_Dan
Aged Yak Warrior

752 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-05 : 11:42:34
Could be that you have limited the size of the job log to 0 or maybe its full?
Those settings can be seen under the agent. You can also setup the job to write to the windows event log for failure or completion. You could also look at the job tables in MSDB...
Go to Top of Page

propanecan
Yak Posting Veteran

60 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-05 : 12:29:35
Upon further investigation in event viewer it appeared that the job did in fact fail due to a login error. I checked the SQL Agent logs and sure enough the domain account used for SQLAgent was failing. I checked security and discovered that my domain account was now missing. Ah, the luxury of having backup DBAs to make my life easier.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -