Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Database Design and Application Architecture
 Executing dynamic query and storing resultset

Author  Topic 

Praveen_Kadam
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 04:02:04
Hi All,

I am really in a great trouble. My requirement is quite complex, as I feel, it may be quite simple for some of you.
Here is my problem -
Actually I am doing a project, where client has a specific requirement. i.e. he want's to build a query on runtime for selecting particular record he wants, so that we have provided a user interface where he can select any datasource e.g. SQL, Oracle, Excel etc. He also specifies the database name. He is displayed all the tables and columns under those tables. He selects columns from those table boxes and write the query he wants, with where clause, if required.
I am saving these query in a table, storing column names in another table where we map those oringinal column names with columns of another table, wehre we want to store actual result set of the prepared query by the user.
for examaple ..
if user preapare query like - 'SELECT CUST_ID, CUST_NAME FROM CUSTOMER
WHERE CUST_ID = 10'
In case of above query I will store CUST_ID in column COL1 of table TAB1 and CUST_NAME in COL2 of table TAB1, like that we have such fifty columns in that table. Now question is here every thing is dynamic data provider, database, tables, columns and where clause, then how can get the result set out of those queries and store that query output in the that storage table with columns col1, col2 and so on, upto 50 columns.
Please help me on this, as it is so urgent.
I will be very much thankful to you people.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen Kadam

harsh_athalye
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5581 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 04:07:26
I think it will be more easy if you could add him as user to the database and train him on how to use query analyzer!

I am not getting the purpose of such design where everything is dynamic?

Harsh Athalye
India.
"The IMPOSSIBLE is often UNTRIED"
Go to Top of Page

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 04:17:31
Also, this Forum is not to ask questions. you should have posted this in relevent Forum

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

graz
Chief SQLTeam Crack Dealer

4149 Posts

Posted - 2007-04-13 : 08:17:01
(Topic moved to a more appropriate forum.)

===============================================
Creating tomorrow's legacy systems today.
One crisis at a time.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -