Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 Triggers+encryptography issue

Author  Topic 

Co0L_DB
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-06 : 03:44:24
Hi there,
Guys I need help… have developed a web-based application using ASP.NET +VB.NET + C#.NET and used SQL Server 2000. In the SQL 2000 I have used triggers to handle some operations. Then I have upgraded my DB to SQL Server 2005 to speed up my application, soon after I have implemented encryptography “in the .NET” to encrypt the data in the DB. After I have implemented all successfully the problem came up which is the triggers couldn’t handle the operation coz the data they deals with is now encrypted, causing a really big matter to me….

Anyone have idea or suggestions to guide me to solve my matter

Best regards

Co0L_DB
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-07 : 04:28:21
Thanx for your reply mate,,,,

Guys my problem basically is that the triggers cannot read the encrypted data coz it is not recognized them and the triggers need to do some operation on these encrypted data and then to be saved in the data base. What I need to know if there is a way in sql 2005 that can make the triggers use the same algorithm to encrypt and decrypt the data back to be saved encrypted in the db.

do i have to convert the encryption algorithm to a DLL file ?
is there a way to make the SQL trigger import the DLL file to be used.

thanking u in advance

Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-07 : 07:38:23
"Thanx for your reply mate"

I didn't reply because I didn't have an answer. I expect that goes for the other 18 people that read your post.

However, I don't have any time for people who are rude, so don't expect a reply to your posts in future, even when I do know the answer.

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

Co0L_DB
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-09 : 03:01:00
I’m a Co0L_DB man, "I guess u have been thought to reply in a good manner". Even if u have the answer and don’t want to share it. Other in this forum would love to share…. that’s why there are here….

P.S As am a new member” guest” in this great forum your reply should be more polite
Go to Top of Page

blindman
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2365 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-11 : 10:25:32
quote:
Originally posted by Co0L_DB

I’m a Co0L_DB man,...
I could change my login to "Br@dPittLo0kAlike", but that wouldn't help me get chicks. Your handle says cool, but your attitude does not.

e4 d5 xd5 Nf6
Go to Top of Page

Vinnie881
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1231 Posts

Posted - 2007-06-16 : 14:24:09
Please post a sample of a trigger that has this issue.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -