Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 No errors. No replication, either...

Author  Topic 

readysetstop
Posting Yak Master

123 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-03 : 15:40:30
I have one central publisher server and several remote merge pull boxes. On random remote servers, at random times, replication will fail. The data is inconsistent between the master publisher and the remote merge pull subscribers. (i.e., The subscribers have more recent data than the publisher.)

There are no error messages generated, and it's only for one article. The rest seem to update fine.

I am a complete noob when it comes to replication. How would I even start troubleshooting this?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

-D.

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Believe in those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who say they have found it." -Andre Gide

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-04 : 00:08:31
Checked merge agent details?
Go to Top of Page

readysetstop
Posting Yak Master

123 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-04 : 18:50:09
For what?

____________________________________________________________________________________
"Believe in those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who say they have found it." -Andre Gide
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-04 : 21:20:09
For details of what happened.
Go to Top of Page

readysetstop
Posting Yak Master

123 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-04 : 23:14:10
All the agent logs say is that "no data needed to be merged" which is untrue. The articles are different on the publisher and the subscriber. There are no error messages of any kind. I am wondering if there is an issue with the msmerge_contents or msmerge_tombstone tables, though I can't find any evidence of an issue in those. I'm going to go back an check the RowGUID's tomorrow (after the holiday.)

Go to Top of Page

readysetstop
Posting Yak Master

123 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-05 : 16:13:01
It got weirder.

Turns out that somehow the table was not marked for replication in master..sysobject, though it looked fine in EM. The blame is currently being laid on a third party app that we're using here. I have no idea. I'm calling this one closed.

Thanks.

-D.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -