Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 User entered data Error

Author  Topic 

Gurj
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-06 : 10:00:35
Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with some data in our database, basically a web app is storing data into the DB and then recalling it to display to a user. The problem I am having is that for one particular function the DB is causing the app to fail, the app code works for 95% of the data inserted into the DB by the users but it is failing on a few records.. I'v gone through the data manually checking for funny characters or spaces or anything else which is different from the other records, but everything seems to be in order. I doubt very much that this is a system app code problem as the code is working perfectly for all the other records...

Can anyone advise me on what else I can check.. really stuck on this one guys

Thanks Gurj

harsh_athalye
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5581 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-06 : 10:03:08
What is the error you get?

Harsh Athalye
India.
"The IMPOSSIBLE is often UNTRIED"
Go to Top of Page

Gurj
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-06 : 10:06:25
the error just states a query in the system code.. and failes to print the data from the select statement in the asp page.. I'm 99% sure that this is a data corruption error in the database.. as the system code excutes without fail for thousands of similar records in the DB for the same query..
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-07-06 : 10:58:13
Tried run same query in query analyzer?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -