SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: What To Do When tempdb Is Full
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2001 :  23:24:23  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sim writes "I would like to know if tempdb has become full and what to do if you cannot truncate the log? I want to understand the process why you cannot truncate it."

Article Link.

JeffBham
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2001 :  15:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should be able to truncate the log file. Now I've had this happen to me before and basically what had happened was a job had gotten hung and continued to fill up the TempDB Log File. I had to kill the job, then truncate the log file, but as soon as I truncated the log it filled up again due to the job(s) having to roll back. I had to continually truncate the log file until all the jobs had rolled back.

Go to Top of Page

MuadDBA
Aged Yak Warrior

USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  13:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had this happen to me, where the log was filling up and I could not truncate it or shrink it because of table corruption in the tempdb. You can't run DBCC CHECKDB in the tempdb because it is in use and you can't put it in Single-User mode.

The only solution ot this I have seen is to restart the server, which clears out the tempdb. Other solutions are welcome :)

Go to Top of Page

mubin
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  04:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shrink the Dn to 10 %
put it in auto maintenance daily when server is not in use i.e at night timings after backup

enjoy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000