Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Import Data error

Author  Topic 

dayo73
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-08-22 : 06:25:31
Hi there

I am importing data from a database on one server to the same database (exactly the same table structure etc) on another server. I am specifying the data from certain tables on the source database which are completely empty on the destination database. The tables on the destination database each have a primary key column (Identity Specification = YES, Is Identity = YES, Identity Increment = 1, Identity Seed = 1, Not for Replication = YES).

The error i'm getting is as follows:

Error 0xc0202049: Data Flow Task: Failure inserting into the read-only column "GroupID".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc0202045: Data Flow Task: Column metadata validation failed.

Error 0xc004706b: Data Flow Task: "component "Destination - YvGroup" (40)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Error 0xc004700c: Data Flow Task: One or more component failed validation.

Error 0xc0024107: Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

I'm sure the most important error is the first one, "Data Flow Task: Failure inserting into the read-only column". Is this happening because i'm trying to import data into primary key columns that are usually populated by an auto incremented integer and is seeing it as read only?

How can I get round this?

Cheers

dayo73
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-08-22 : 08:34:10
Hi

I found the "Enable identity insert" checkbox when you click the "Edit Mappings" button next to each table in the import wizard.

So it got past that problem, but now its stopping when it comes to a timestamp column (in my last table), here is the error:

Error 0xc0202048: Data Flow Task: Attempting insertion into the row version column "Ts". Cannot insert into a row version column.
Error 0xc0202045: Data Flow Task: Column metadata validation failed.
Error 0xc004706b: Data Flow Task: "component "Destination 7 - YvUser" (527)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".
Error 0xc004700c: Data Flow Task: One or more component failed validation.
Error 0xc0024107: Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

Is it not possible to manually insert into a timestamp column either? Is there a setting that will allow it?

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

dayo73
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-08-23 : 04:58:16
Hi

All fixed. In the edit mappings dialogue box of the data import wizard I selected ignore for the destination timestamp column, that way, the timestamps are genereated automatically when the rest of the record is entered.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

fminns
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-06-01 : 09:41:51
Hi All

I'm getting the exact same errors as below, but sadly for me I don't even see a way to exclude the timestamp column to solve the issue? Anyone know why I can't see that option.

SQL Server 2005 btw.

Regards

Farren
Go to Top of Page

fminns
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-06-01 : 10:45:53
OK, I found it too now :-)
Go to Top of Page

Joselyne América
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-06-30 : 15:30:48
In OLE DB Destination select "table or view - fast load", select your table in "name of the table or the view" and check:

"""""" KEEP IDENTITY """"""""

I hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2010-06-30 : 15:53:58
You might want to learn about bcp

Brett

8-)

Hint: Want your questions answered fast? Follow the direction in this link
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/brettk/archive/2005/05/25/5276.aspx

Add yourself!
http://www.frappr.com/sqlteam

Go to Top of Page

sanwin
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-08-11 : 04:44:23
quote:
Originally posted by fminns

Hi, can you please tell me where is that option. I am also getting that error. Here is snapshot of 'Edit mappings' window at my end

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ilzyp.jpg

Your help is appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

rehanhussain
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-03-29 : 03:10:05
This problem due to destination table has Identity ON. or remove cols from mapping has indentity ON.
Go to Top of Page

rogertranchez
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-05-14 : 10:55:30
Hello,

If you click on the Destination column under "column mappings", you will be able to see a dropdown box with two options: "<ignore>" and "timestamp"; Choose the first one.

Best regards,

Roger

quote:
Originally posted by sanwin

quote:
Originally posted by fminns

Hi, can you please tell me where is that option. I am also getting that error. Here is snapshot of 'Edit mappings' window at my end

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ilzyp.jpg

Your help is appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -