Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 MSSQLServer Error: 4060

Author  Topic 

Jazzcrime
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-06 : 08:35:07
Hi, i just installed SQL 2005, and to get started im trying to follow the reporting service tutorial the Creating a Basic Report'whehave to do is n im at lesson 3 i have to 'setting up connection information' i have to create a new dataset, called adventure works when im trying to add it i get the following error:

'a connection cannot be made to the database set and test the connection suesttring'additional information: Cannot open database 'Adventureworks'requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'SRVDBTEST\Administrator'. (microsoft SQL Server, Error: 4060)

how can i solve this problem?

Thx in advance!

jen
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4110 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-06 : 15:15:41
is your sql server instance mixed mode or sql authentication only?

logon to your instance and verify, check if builtin administrator is there otherwise explicitly provide yourself the permission using your sa account

HTH

--------------------
keeping it simple...
Go to Top of Page

Jazzcrime
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-07 : 03:00:41
my server instance is mixed mode, i tried to give my sa account all possible rights by using the sql server management studio but when i check logins i see the users and their is a red arrow @ 'sa'account and when im trying to change anything it says 'create failed for user 'sa'. (an exception occured while executing a transact-SQL statement or batch (microsoft.sqlserver.connectioninfo) -> Cannot use the special principal 'sa'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15405
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-07 : 22:41:29
You don't need give more rights to sa in sql since it has all rights by default. Did you use windows authentication to connect to sql? Is 'SRVDBTEST\Administrator' a valid sql login? By the way, sql2k5 doesn't have 'sql authentication only' mode.
Go to Top of Page

jen

4110 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-08 : 14:24:08
create failed?
did you remove your original sa account and try to create a new one? then applied limited rights then logged on using it and started creating objects?

--------------------
keeping it simple...
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -