Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Database Engine Tuning Advisor

Author  Topic 

d3ng
Yak Posting Veteran

83 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-07 : 03:52:40
Hi experts! I would like to ask for some help regarding Database Engine Tuning Advisor. I was trying to create Session Monitor then I choose TABLE as a workload. Then after creating and selecting the corresponding setup then I start the analysis, during the analysis it prompted an error?

Error MSG:
The specified workload(file or table) has no tunable events. Events must be one of the following types - SQL:BatchStarting, SQL:BatchCompleted, RPC:Starting, RPC:Completed, SP:StmtStarting or SP:StmtCompleted for workload trace file or table.

But if I tried to use the Workload FILE instead of the table the session is successful and completed the analysis. My SQL current setup is client only, I was just accessing the server. Pls help me how to fix or do I need to configure something? Badly needed your help experts. Thanks in advance.

Tatas move

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-07 : 23:31:51
How did you create workload table? Did you include memtioned events in profiler for workload?
Go to Top of Page

d3ng
Yak Posting Veteran

83 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-08 : 00:01:21
Did you include memtioned events in profiler for workload

Nope, I didn't, Im not familiar yet, So do I need to include it using SQL Profiler? The button besides the "Browse for a Workload Table"?

Tatas move
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-08 : 00:29:41
You have to create workload table in profiler with certain events.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -