Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Differential Replication Possible?

Author  Topic 

quantass
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 12:42:04
I'm lost. We have Sql Server 2005 on a remote box (A) and the local pc (B). Both servers have a single database on them. We've been copying the database A to B for some time and its becoming tiresome. I've heard of replication but couldnt figure out what the MS site was saying.

How do i go about making a differential copy of the A database onto B?

Thanks

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 12:57:56
Replication doesn't use backups. It sends the same INSERT/UPATE/DELETE statements that occurred on the publisher to the subscriber.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/
Go to Top of Page

ksmith
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 22:01:26
I just signed up so I am new. I am having so many problems downloading a trial version of MS Office 07. I finally got the file downloaded but it will not install because it says setup failed to install ms sql server 05 express and it directed me to a file that my computer says does not exist which is C:ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt
I am lost as MS techs will not supply support for Trial Version and HP support can't tell what MS really needs from me. Can anyone help?
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 22:16:37
What's whole error message?
Go to Top of Page

Zoroaster
Aged Yak Warrior

702 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 22:17:56
quote:
Originally posted by ksmith

I just signed up so I am new. I am having so many problems downloading a trial version of MS Office 07. I finally got the file downloaded but it will not install because it says setup failed to install ms sql server 05 express and it directed me to a file that my computer says does not exist which is C:ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt
I am lost as MS techs will not supply support for Trial Version and HP support can't tell what MS really needs from me. Can anyone help?

You should start a separate post.

Future guru in the making.
Go to Top of Page

ksmith
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 22:24:57
it says "setup failed to install ms sql server 05 express" and it directed me to a file that my computer says does not exist which is C:ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt
Go to Top of Page

Zoroaster
Aged Yak Warrior

702 Posts

Posted - 2007-09-10 : 22:42:07
quote:
Originally posted by ksmith

it says "setup failed to install ms sql server 05 express" and it directed me to a file that my computer says does not exist which is C:ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt

Kevin, see my response to your question in your other post about this, it appears your path is incorrect C:programfiles\... You need a '\' after c:

Future guru in the making.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -