Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 SSIS and CISCO VPN

Author  Topic 

VTHokieman592
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-10-02 : 16:56:13
I am building an SSIS package that will transform some data over a cisco VPN.

After establishing a cisco VPN connection some tables get pulled from this remote server onto the local server. that part is working fine.

the problem is that now i want to automate this whole process. The problem with my automating, is that when i launch the dos command line batch file to open the VPN connection, there is a msgbox window that comes up on the remote server with a successful login, perhaps intentionally, that you have to manually click 'continue' and then the VPN is attached. it could be purposely put there so that hackers cant just have a process that is automatedly trying to ping for vpn connections.

So my question is, what solution options do i have in trying to get around this need ot manually click ok, when i am automating the running of this SSIS package?

comparable problems used to happen in the dos world and you could use a /S to suppress any message boxes that come up during the executing of a batch file.

i just need like 1 mouse click in the mouse buffer that would fire once the message box came up to continue on....

Thank you for any help.....

Haywood
Posting Yak Master

221 Posts

Posted - 2007-10-02 : 18:00:16
I would imagine that there is an option to turnoff the last popup for the vpn client. We just moved physical locations and got new concentrators, our vpn software no longer gives us the "Ok you're connected" prompt anymore. It's still the same version of concentrator and client, just a new vpn profile. I didn't change anything on my client, just loaded the new profile and no more final prompt. <shrug>

If it really comes down to it, IIRC, there is an application out there that does the button push for you. Search for Outlook issues on the forum, you may find a reference to it. I know that people were having to get this application after Outlook 2000 applied a specific security patch that would cause a popup on the console to be generated when the SQL server went to send email....it was apparantly very frustrating.
Go to Top of Page

VTHokieman592
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2007-10-02 : 18:45:54
Haywood,

thanks for answering. The thing is, the remote server that i am VPN'ing into is a client (as in customer). Its not within my company's control. I can't readily tell this client to do anything to their VPN. Whatever solution is to be implemented has to be on my end which is the VPN Client making the call to the remote server.

Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2007-10-03 : 09:48:20
moved from script library.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -