Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Error 16915 - Cursor 'cursor_name' already exists

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2001-09-18 : 10:47:13
Avinash writes "Hi all,

I have a peculiar problem. I get the Error 16915 - Cursor 'cursor_name' already exists. Despite the fact that we have done 'Close cursor' & 'Deallocate cursor' as soon as it is not required.

My platform is ASP - VB Com + MTS - SQL 7 Stored Proc.

This happens only when there are concurrent users to the SQL Server. Let me ask a few questions

1. In the ASP page, if the user clicks on another hyperlink before the page is actually completed execution, does the SQL stored procedure get executed completely or does it cancel execution.

2. Is each cursor unique to each connection to the DB. Why I am asking this question is because my perception is that MTS does connection pooling using OLE DB SERVICES. So if there is reuse of Connections this problem may occur. Just a thought. If anyone has a concrete idea that would be great.

Please do try to help me out of this. I need to reply to my client - He's got a knife to my throat :-)

Thanks,
Avinash."

- Advertisement -