Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 accidently deleted sql server--please help!

Author  Topic 

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 01:08:06
I was doing a bang up job (Ithought) of removing unused programs when I thought I would remove a file taking up a lot of space. Now I am getting error messages upon start up. I downloaded a SQLEXPR32 but this did not help matters.
How do I determine the correct version to download? Itried system restore, but this did not replace sql as I had hoped. Please help!

Dell Dimension 8300 Series
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 02:01:41
What is the error message ? What are the files that you deleted ?

KH
[spoiler]Time is always against us[/spoiler]

Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 06:09:58
Was it a .mdf or .ldf file?
How many databases do you have? Did the name match any of them or was it master.xxx, model.xxx, msdb.xxx?
It's usually a log file for a user database - mydb.ldf but that would just mean that database couldn't start not the server.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 15:39:49
I am sorry that I was not clearer. I deleted the entire sql program in add/remove programs. I get several messages/fatal errors upon startup of my computer and upon starting Outlook. I will write the specific messages down upon rebooting.
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 16:05:05
You'll have to re-install sql server. This will create new system databases and you can attach the user databases.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 19:23:46
Thanks! Well I tried installing a version of sql and it didn't work. How do I install the correct version and where do I find it please?
Go to Top of Page

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 19:25:55
What was the version you have previously ? use back the same CD to install

quote:
Well I tried installing a version of sql and it didn't work

What didn't work ?

KH

Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 19:49:21
Thanks for your kindness in replying. As I mentioned in the first post, I installed SQLEXPR32 and this was not the correct version to stop the error messages. I have no idea what I had installed as I bought the pc with programs pre-installed and the only disk I have is for windows and other programs, none named sql.
Go to Top of Page

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 19:56:56
You are still not making clear to us what is your situation.

1. What is the exact error message ? When did you get this message ? "I get several messages/fatal errors upon startup of my computer and upon starting Outlook" Outlook does not use Microsoft SQL Server.

2. What program did you remove / uninstall ? Can we have the name ? Is it Microsoft SQL Server ?

3. "I bought the pc with programs pre-installed". I don't think Microsoft SQL Server come pre-installed in any PC or server at all

Now I wonder is it related to MS SQL Server at all

KH

Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 21:18:07
Sorry about the delay in providing the error messages (5):

1. Your sql server installation has been tampered with or corrupted (could not open sqlevn70.rll)

2. Fatal Error Execution Cannot Continue as the language dependent resource file c:\program files\microsoft sql server\80\tools\binn\resources\1033\sqlsvc.rll could not be loaded

3. Digital Line detect. Please make sure fax line is connected

4. sqlmanger.exe application error. The application failed to initializr properly (0xc0000142)

5. Business Contact Manager for outlook database cannot be loaded. The action cannot be completed because business contact manager masnager cannot access the database. The database is currently stopped. Do you want to change the database configuration?

Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 21:20:12
Please be aware that all of the people coming to your forum are not developers. There are differing levels of knowledge-some fonts and some drips. If I knew the answer to these questions then I wouldn't be here asking for help. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 21:29:28
Did you install sql or install BCM? Some of those error messages don't look like from sql installation. Keep in mind that people here don't know your environment, it's hard to guess what you did and what happened.
Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 21:42:23
I used the "remove programs" feature to uninstall sql server that is all the detail that I know. I do not remember installing this program initially that is why I thought I had no need for it.
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 22:07:58
As I know, BCM installation can put sql express on the machine if you choose create db locally.
Go to Top of Page

primroy
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 22:22:58
I did install sql express a few weeks ago after removing sql server hoping that it would clear up the error messages. It did not.
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-05 : 22:45:30
Work with your dba then.
Go to Top of Page

blindman

2365 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-06 : 09:40:08
quote:
Originally posted by primroy

1. Your sql server installation has been tampered with or corrupted (could not open sqlevn70.rll)
If this is a 7.0 version of SQL Server, it is not even supported any more. I would not be too confident that 7.0 database files could be reattached to one of the newer versions, either. Your best bet may be to download a copy of SQL Server 2005 Express, and try to restore your databases from the backups you (hopefully) made.

e4 d5 xd5 Nf6
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -