Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Done Deal

Author  Topic 

sunflower2005
Petulant

5 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 00:22:15
It's because of this one or maybe more people that the whole world of the internet becomes so much of crappy messy place... *sighs*

Since there is really no specifics on deleting a topic, this is the best I could do.

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 03:48:05
Try Books Online, an amazing tool that comes with SQL and will teach you all about the syntax you require. Or simply ask your tutor.
Go to Top of Page

pootle_flump

1064 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 03:58:57
You can break your question down into logical steps. Write a query that satisfies the statement up to the first comma. Test & verify. Then alter it to satisfy up to the following comma. Test and verify. Repeat. Post what you come up with.

You'll get some pointers if you put in effort and get stuck but you won't get the answer - you'll need to come up with that yourself.
Go to Top of Page

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 04:16:18
Look up INNER JOIN.
Go to Top of Page

elancaster
A very urgent SQL Yakette

1208 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 04:17:23
well the first thing is, you haven't joined the tables together.

e.g.

from table1 join table2 on table1.id = table2.id

look in BOL for the syntax etc, and decide what fields your tables have in common, as in, what do they join on?

Em
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 04:45:31
A grey area for this OP
quote:
Originally posted by sunflower2005

If you can't write it or can't give me tips on writing the queries, then please don't bother your time.

E 12°55'05.25"
N 56°04'39.16"
Go to Top of Page

elancaster
A very urgent SQL Yakette

1208 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 04:55:03
grrr.... don't you just hate it when people do that!!

quote:

It's because of this one or maybe more people that the whole world of the internet becomes so much of crappy messy place... *sighs*

Since there is really no specifics on deleting a topic, this is the best I could do.

Em
Go to Top of Page

pootle_flump

1064 Posts

Posted - 2007-12-07 : 04:56:21
quote:
Originally posted by sunflower2005

Dear me - poor you! And now you'll have to do your homework all by yourself. Was that the original vision of the internet? That students should have to think for themselves?. A total travesty - I'm giving up on the internet altogether in protest.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -