Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 SSIS sceduling problem

Author  Topic 

pazzy11
Posting Yak Master

145 Posts

Posted - 2008-02-15 : 04:16:16
Hi
I have a strange problem with SSIS packages.
(brief description - packages select some data from DBs , write them to CSV file and then CSV file is
copied and renamed to a folder made up of the date)
I have 5 packages scheduled to run, these jobs run perfectly when test scheduled during the day,
(so its not a user permissions problem).
However it seems the 1st package to run at night will fail.
The reason I say 1st is the following,
I had Package A scheduled at 11:20PM and package B at 11:30PM , Package B always succeeded
but package A always failed.
I would test A during the day and it would run fine (the jobs would run successfully aswell as just executing the package manually) .

The I changed the time with B to 11:50PM and it succeeds and A fails ! without changing the packages themselves.

This counts out a possibilty of a DB backup causing the problem (pack always succeeded at 1130, now fails at the same
time)

I was thinking maybe as the folder wasn't created when the 1st pack ran this was causing the fail, but when i test run the job
this morning it succeeds .. and todays folder doesn't exist either !

any ideas ?

talleyrand
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 2008-02-15 : 08:24:23
I assume you are using SQL Server Agent? If so, what does the log say about why it failed from a job perspective. I further assume you have logging turned on within your SSIS package, what does that say about why your package execution failed.
Go to Top of Page

Qualis
Posting Yak Master

145 Posts

Posted - 2008-02-15 : 10:20:52
Is this the same issue you had in http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97012 ? If so, please try the suggestion there and turn logging on in your packages so that you can see the exact reason it is failing. Specifically, log the OnError event.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -