Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 SSIS package fails from SQL Agent Job

Author  Topic 

kd12345
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-12 : 12:28:08
Hi,
I created a SSIS Package and now i want to run this package from SQL Agent Job. I set up the job and when i run it, it failed

Job Properties:
Type: SQL Server Integration Services Package
Run As: SQL Agnet Service Account
Package Source: File System
Package: \\pc17917\c$\Documents and Settings\kdesai1\Desktop\SSIS\Test1\Test1\Package.dtsx

Error i got when i execute the job.

Description: Fauiled to decrypt protected XML node "PassWord" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2008-03-12 10:50:54.48 Code: 0xC0016016 Source: Description: Failed to decrypt protected XML node "DTS:Password" with error 0x8009000B "Key not valid for use in specified state.". You may not be authorized to access this information. This error occurs when there is a cryptographic error. Verify that the correct key is available. End Error Error: 2008-03-12 10:50:55.07 Code: 0xC0048006 Source: Drop Table ActiveX Script Task ... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I'm new to the SQL 2005 SSIS. Can you please help resolve this problem?

Thanks,
KD

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-12 : 12:43:02

Try this:

http://www.mydatabasesupport.com/forums/sqlserver-dts/182513-ssis-package-won-t-run-within-stored-procedure.html
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-12 : 23:10:37
Or use windows authentication.
Go to Top of Page

kd12345
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-13 : 10:50:55
I'm still not able to run it from Job. I have created SSIS from my local pc and connecting to the database server using connection manager. Creatorname for this project is my name like domain_name\mylogin. Do i need to create SSIS from the database server level? There is some security that i'm messing up.

Also, can someone tell me what ProtectionLevel i should change from EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey?

Thanks,
KD
Go to Top of Page

sodeep

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-13 : 13:38:33
Did you check Microsoft articles i sent you reagarding this?
Go to Top of Page

kd12345
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-13 : 15:27:14
Yes. I read the article. I changed the ProtectionLevel to DontSaveSensitive, EncryptAllwithUserKey but didnt work. I also build the project.
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-13 : 23:10:37
Did you try connect to sql server with windows authentication?
Go to Top of Page

rgombina
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

319 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-14 : 09:31:35
Try this:

Import SSIS:
- Save package as SQL Server
- ProtectionLevel to DontSaveSensitive

Schedule job:
- General > Package Source: SQL Server

Mine works now after days of messing around with SSIS Stored Packages (permission issue).

Go to Top of Page

kd12345
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-14 : 10:51:04
Thanks for the suggestions. Can you let me know that when you save a package to SQL Server what Authenication type did you selected? also what Protection level did you selected?

Thansk a lot.
Go to Top of Page

rmiao

7266 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-14 : 22:44:19
Try windows authentication in package connection properties, that fixed the problem on my server.
Go to Top of Page

rgombina
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

319 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-17 : 08:29:50
Important keys:

1) Create a Windows Account
2) Make account "sysadmin"
3) Make account Job Owner
4) Steps > Run As... = SQL Agent Service Account
5) Steps > Log on to the server = Windows Authentication

If error, post it here... good luck!
Go to Top of Page

igress
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-11-28 : 07:13:50
Here is my problem,
Please note that this is targeted only for advance SSIS developers.
Description:
I have 13 SQL servers whose login information is maintained at a sql server database.
When the SSIS package starts I iterate through those information from a FOR EACH LOOP container and dynamically create an OLEDB connection (By binding variables to expression , connection strings etc)
There is a Data Flow task inside the FOR EACH LOOP, and its task is to create that dynamic connection and count the number of rows return from a select statement and save it in a table as
[ServerName],[RowCount]
To make sure that the For each loop continues even after a server login failure (which in terms cause data flow task to fail) so that SSIS package will try to connect to next server from the next iteration I have correctly set PROPOGATE, MAX ERROR COUNT, ForceExecutionResult at appropriate locations. (As explained in many articles on the net).
Everything works perfect when runs under VS 2008. (I mean For each loop continues even when there is a login failure to those dynamic connection)

Ever thing works perfect when the package is executed directly from SQL server Package folder. (I mean For each loop continues even when there is a login failure to those dynamic connection)
Everything works perfect when Agent Job runs. (Note that I have correctly set all the credentials and service accounts. Job Step’s “Run as” is correctly set with right credentials)
But…….
Suppose at least one login fails for those 13 SQL servers during For each loop iteration the entire Agent Job fails. The intended behavior is failing only the Data Flow task inside for each loop and continues from the next server.
If the logins succeed for those 13 SQL servers even the Agent Jobs runs perfectly.
Plat form:
SQL server 2008
2008 BIDS
.net 3.5

Please help as this is a kind of urgent project

Go to Top of Page

TonyTheDBA
Posting Yak Master

121 Posts

Posted - 2009-10-05 : 09:36:30
Thanks all . . . just helped fix a problem That the suppliers couldn't solve.

--
Regards
Tony The DBA
Go to Top of Page

matju
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2010-10-04 : 07:48:50
You can find solution here:

http://biblog.pl/?p=94
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -