Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2005)
 Parametrised Reports

Author  Topic 

yupsay
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-26 : 04:59:40
What i have at hand is atleast 3 million records being processed for users on request because they are using linked pivots. The user may not require tne whole dataset - I mean the count of recods now I can use SSRS and the users can select /filter their criteria before requesting but my SQL Server is on a Win XP machine & some one told me that XP has a limitation of 4 parallel connections & any thing more than that will be goo goo.

I dont want the users to load the network with all those unwanted rows & delay their request as well so can some one tell me how to parametrise my request ( in excel ) or a work around on SSRS or any alternatives for this.

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-26 : 12:50:09
You can parametrise either at report side or at db side. In SSRS you can have parameters and you can add filters to dataset to filter by the selected parameter values.If you chose to do it at db, you will pass all parameters to SP and do the filteration in SP using T-SQL
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -