Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Adding users to SQL Server 2005 Express Edition

Author  Topic 

TheNewGuy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-26 : 10:23:51

I am sure that I am missing something which is why I am in need of the communities assistance...

I have installed SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. I can log in with the Windows Authenication and the SQL Server Authentication using the 'sa' account. This is all good...

What I want to be able to do is add 1 to 3 more users so they can gain access to the database I have created to run queries and add data. This is the part I am confused about. How do I get additional users added??

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-26 : 10:25:21
Go to Security-logins and give access to users. You need to read books online.
Go to Top of Page

TheNewGuy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-26 : 10:33:24
aaahh... I now see I was looking in the wrong section. I was trying to handle this in the <DatabaseName> > Security > Users section.

With your information, I was able to successfully add a new user. Thanks for the information!
Go to Top of Page

N1njturt1e
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-10-03 : 05:57:54
I have a similar problem as TheNewGuy. I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. I want to add another user so they can share the database on my computer, but I cannot login to the server manager. I see fields where I can enter: Server Type, Server Name, Authentication, User Name, Password. Whenever I try, I get an error message.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -