Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 .NET Inside SQL Server (2005)
 Remote connection error while Running a EXE

Author  Topic 

dotnetnewbie
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2008-03-30 : 11:24:05

I am getting this error
"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.when connecting to SQL Server 2005,this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.(provider:Named Pipes Provider,error:40-Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server,Error:2)"

in SQL EXPRESS 2005"

1.Just changing the service config settings that is TCP/IP to enable will it work?i changed i run my application but it didn't work they have written the code to the server(connection string to their server- if it was to common how to write the code ?) & is there any other changes ?

2.I have developed a VB.NET EXE file -In that application(inside the code) i am using run time connection string queries to connect to the database & created run time tables.?
Suppose if i want to install the application to all clients/users how to Configure that application - self configuration/self installer to the installing machine SQL SERVER.
How can i do this ?

3.Is there any way i can write config file for sql server along with exe application code ? How can i do this ?

Pls answer with details/screenshots or diagramatical (if possible)
pls reply asap

Dotnetnewbiw

rmiao
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7266 Posts

Posted - 2008-03-30 : 17:53:23
Did you enable remote access in sql2k5 express? Check it in surface area configuration.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -