Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Can not start the SQL Server Agent on local PC

Author  Topic 

rohaandba
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-06 : 13:41:46
Hi

I installed SQL Server R2 on my local machine(office laptop) yesterday

It was ok yesterday. I created sample Databases and have done few DTS and SSIS packages on that. They worked fine the day I installed SQL.

Today, I could connect to remote server through SSMS but I could not connect to my local machine throug SSMS.

I opened Services.msc and found both SQL Server & SQL Server Agent have not started.

When I tried to Start these services they gave me errors as

SQL SERVER AGENT -------Could not start the SQL Server Agent(MS SQL Server) service on local computer, Error1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

SQL Server-------Windows couldnot start the sql server on local computer.........for more information, review the syystem Event log........If this is a non-microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 126

Please help me in solving this issue

Thanking You

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-06 : 14:15:48
SQL Server shouldn't have any dependencies, but SQL Agent depends on SQL Server service.

What do you see in the application logs?

start/run/eventvwr
Go to Top of Page

Jahanzaib
Posting Yak Master

115 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-07 : 05:29:28
check the SQL Server service account,there is any service account password ? or rights revoke activity ?

then check the SQL Server Agent service account is it correct or not

Did you install SQL Server with your Office network domain account ? if yes login with your laptop local account then double click on the both services and click on the tab LOG ON and then click on Local System Account

Regards,

Syed Jahanzaib Bin Hassan
MCTS,MCITP,OCA,OCP,OCE,SCJP,IBMCDBA

My Blog
www.aureus-salah.com
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -