Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Error 468: Cannot resolve collation conflict

Author  Topic 

hvdtol
Yak Posting Veteran

50 Posts

Posted - 2007-11-20 : 03:06:34
Hello,

Recently we installed a new version sql 2005 sp2 on a Windows 2003 server.
At installaion time we choose the Windows Locale for the collation (this was the default- the server was installed with Dutch
The Netherlands).
The first application database we have created is with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS (the supplier of the application supplied the database creation scripts with this collation, we did not change).

When i clik on - security - logins, select a user and click on Securables, i receive error 468:
Cannot resolve collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_CI_AS"in the UNION operation.

The error only occurs when we click successively on General - Server Roles - User Mapping - Securables
What is wrong?

Additional information
- select serverproperty('Collation')
Latin1_General_CI_AS

select name, collation_name, compatibility_level from sys.databases
name collation_name compatibility_level
master Latin1_General_CI_AS 90
tempdb Latin1_General_CI_AS 90
model Latin1_General_CI_AS 90
msdb Latin1_General_CI_AS 90
ReportServer Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS 90
ReportServerTempDB Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS 90
ADB_ReportServer Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS 90
ADB_ReportServerTempDB Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS 90
ADB_Orga SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 90

I have read many thing on the web concerning collation error 468, and that it has to do with the tempdb, but i still do not know......
- Do i have a problem, because the error only occurs in SSMS (as far as we know now)?
- Do all my present and future database should have the collation Latin1_General_CI_AS?
- What if some application required different collation?

All information is welcome.

Best regards,

hvdtol

- Advertisement -