Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Oslo, Norway

Author  Topic 

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-23 : 09:01:35
My heart goes out to the victims in Norway :(

Lumbago, I hope you and everyone in your life is ok.

webfred
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

8781 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-23 : 09:29:13
My first thought was: Oh no, Lumbago is working in Oslo!
I also hope he is ok.
But I think at this time he has other problems than posting here...

No, you're never too old to Yak'n'Roll if you're too young to die.
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-23 : 13:24:34
First of all; thank you for your concern and all good thoughts! I was on holiday at home which is about 45 mins outside of Oslo but my office building is a few hundred meters from the blast area so I'm sure they felt it *pretty* good those that were at work.

I did however come closer to the massacre than I appreciated... Me and the wife were driving to my parents-in-law and "Utøya" which is where it all happened is on the way. The shooting was going on at the same time as we were in that area and when the road that goes directly past the island was closed by the police we were the second car that was stopped! If we had been there 30 seconds earlier I would have been right in the middle of it... That, in addition to a former colleague of mine loosing his daughter in the massacre, made this a weekend I will never forget. Ever.

- Lumbago
My blog-> http://thefirstsql.com/2011/07/08/how-to-find-gaps-in-identity-columns-at-the-speed-of-light/
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-24 : 22:47:01
Very sorry about this Lumbago.

Naturally, many of us immediately thought of you. Very happy to know that you and your family are ok.

It is very saddening, and reminds us all what a real tragedy this is, and not just a news story, to hear that a colleague of yours lost a daughter. This is almost unthinkable to me.

Thoughts and hopes go out to the people affected by this unnecessary tragedy.
Go to Top of Page

ajthepoolman
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

384 Posts

Posted - 2011-07-25 : 09:04:04
What a horrible horrible thing. My heart is with you Lumbago.

Hey, it compiles.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -