Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 ASP.NET
 Export data from Microsoft VB.Net

Author  Topic 

thkly8
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-09-18 : 19:02:21
Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post but hey, what have i got to lose. To get straight to it i've started work at this small charity and they need me to extract the tables and data from an old buggy system and create a new Access system but i'm having trouble extractig the data.

The backend uses Microsoft SQL Server 2000 runtime engine with an MSDE database engine. The frontend however is built with Microsoft VB.Net and the dotnet framework. I'm not sure how this changes things when trying to extract the tables. I've found the folders where SQL-notepad looking files are contained but am not sure what my next step should be.
Any help/feedback you can give would be appreciated (even if its just to tell me im out of my depth!).

Thanks

Tony

jassi.singh
Posting Yak Master

122 Posts

Posted - 2011-10-08 : 09:27:53
Please let us know in more details like from where you want to migrate the data and to which server. it is possible to migrate data from access database to sql server database.

Please mark answer as accepted if it helped you.

Thanks,
Jassi Singh
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -