Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 Variable as a OLEDB Connection

Author  Topic 

tooba111
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-04 : 14:09:35
Hi Guys,

Need Help,I want to know what is the best way to deal this kinda Problem or approach.

I am creating almost 30 SSIS Packages, some of them or simple and some of them are really tough (SCD and Other Transformations),
First I am gonna run SSIS Packages on Test Server then Dev Server and then Finally Production.
Its to much for me to every time change OLE DB Connection, and recreate SCD mapping and everything.

I want to know If I can use OLEDB Connection as a VARIABLE, Instead of change all OLEDB Connection, just change one VARIABLE.
If I create Variable as a CONNECTIONString, I am having a error something like " It must consist of one or more components of the
form X = Y, separated by semicolons."

Any Help would be great appreciate or any other easy solution.

Thank You.

gbritton
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2780 Posts

Posted - 2014-04-07 : 15:23:09
I think most folks use SSIS configurations for this sort of thing. You can store your connection strings in a database table or an xml file e.g. Google on SSIS configurations and Connection Strings. It takes a bit to set it up but is worth the hastle.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -