Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 Analysis Services failing to Start . File system

Author  Topic 

s1234
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-03 : 19:21:42
Hello All,

Posting this problem here and hoping for a solution from the experts in this forum.

When i have restarted the Analysis Services , i see that it has been stopped but never started back. It fails with an error

"The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

When Checked the Event Viewer i see the following error -

The service cannot be started: The following system error occurred: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. File system error: Error occurred during the creation of directory: '\\?\E:\OLAP\MSSOLAPFactory\OlapData;M:\Test Backup'.

I remember changing the BackupDir value of Analysis Services few days back, and i think it could have impacted. Can you please help me how can i change back the BackupDir value and have the server back?

Let me know if you need any more details

sunder.bugatha
Yak Posting Veteran

66 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-04 : 05:22:58
check the backup location in the config file.

e.g.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS11.MSSQLSERVER\OLAP\Config

Hema Sunder
Go to Top of Page

sunder.bugatha
Yak Posting Veteran

66 Posts

Posted - 2014-07-04 : 05:23:33
msmdsrv.config

Hema Sunder
Go to Top of Page

Andrew.Reeves
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-11-12 : 07:38:34
Hi I am having the same error message(s), please help explain how to fix this problem

Andrew
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -