Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2012)
 SSIS multiple table loads using single DFT

Author  Topic 

vipin_jha123
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 2014-12-11 : 03:41:06
Hi,

I am new to the SSIS. I am trying to load multiple tables from my staging database to multiple tables in the data warehouse. My staging database is nothing but a database with all the tables from all my source databases copied to it. I found that each data flow task only allows to connect one source table to one destination table.

I am having 100 of SSIS package of 100 Tables.
I want to make single SSIS package to laod all the 100 tables usning single DFT.
I have a filmaster table which containing the list of source table and destination table name, and input will be the filename , on the basis of filename my DFT will take the source and derstination table and run the package accordingly.

Is this approach is correct, or is it possible, is dynamically column mapping is possible.

Please suggets some ideas on above concern

Regards,
Vipin Jha

viggneshwar
Yak Posting Veteran

86 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-28 : 03:38:08
Dynamic Column mapping is not possible.
1. If you want to make package dynamic then create a source and destination with more columns (Ex. 100 columns in source and destination)
2. change the table name dynamically so that all the columns will be transferred to the destination table

Regards
Viggneshwar A
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -