Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 installation problem

Author  Topic 

ak_lbrrn
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 04:45:16
Dear all
Hi,
I have a Dell (vostro 1320) laptop with windows 7.
I want to install sql server 2012 on it and I think I have all system requirements.
But when I start installation, I receive an error that this version can not be install on your system.
Can you help me to find the problem?

thanks

James K
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3873 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 08:46:33
What is the edition of SQL 2012 that you are trying to install? And, also what is the Windows 7 edition? Take a look at this page to see if your edition can be installed: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(v=sql.110).aspx

Home edition of Windows 7, for example, supports only Developer and Express editions.
Go to Top of Page

ak_lbrrn
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 11:17:18
Dear James K
thanks for your answer. I have windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.
I download sql server 2012 express from "www.filehorse.com/download-sql-server-express/" but when I run it, I received this error:
"The operationg system on this computer does not meet the minimum requirement for SQL Server 2012. For windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 operating systems, Service Pack 2 or later is required.for windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2, Service Pack 1 or later is required. for more information, see Hardware and software Requirement for installing SQL Server 2012 at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195092"
Go to Top of Page

James K

3873 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 14:35:17
Do you have SP1 on your windows? Click the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties to see if you have it. Also, even though this may not be your issue, I wouldn't download sql server software from anywhere other than Microsoft's website. If you have the right service pack, and if you still have issues, go through each item in the link given and see if you meet the hardware and software requirements.
Go to Top of Page

gbritton

2780 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-30 : 15:52:55
Which version of Sql Server Express is hosted on that site? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, I'd download directly from Microsoft, not a 3rd party site.
Go to Top of Page

ak_lbrrn
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-03 : 04:45:15
Dear James K,
How can I find out that I have it on my windows or not?
Can you guide me please?
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by James K

Do you have SP1 on your windows? Click the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties to see if you have it. Also, even though this may not be your issue, I wouldn't download sql server software from anywhere other than Microsoft's website. If you have the right service pack, and if you still have issues, go through each item in the link given and see if you meet the hardware and software requirements.

Go to Top of Page

ak_lbrrn
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2015-04-03 : 04:47:45
Dear gbritton
Both of sql server express & my windows are 32-bit!

thanks

quote:
Originally posted by gbritton

Which version of Sql Server Express is hosted on that site? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, I'd download directly from Microsoft, not a 3rd party site.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -